Library Book Swap

Our library is a small town library with many good programs. They have a program where you can take home 10 books from a paperback shelf. You do not have to return them. They are donated books; you can return all the paperback books on your shelf that you do not want any more. This book shelf is always full. It is divided into three sections: Informational, Mystery, and Romance. They also have a donated magazine section by the front door. I can get all the reading material I want without ever having to worry about returning it.

However, if there is indeed a book or books that I wish to read, or listen to in a series, I have a library bag that I hang on my bedroom door. I put the book in the bag when I am not reading it. I take the bag along if I am going to be reading on the road. When I leave the house to go to the library the bag goes with me.

If for some reason I keep a book too long I can phone the library and renew the book. If all else fails I get a mail reminder.

My three-prong solution has saved me lots of library fees.

By Leila B. from Brookings, OR

We do this same thing at my Doctor's office, this office has supplied a small bookshelf in waiting room that is available to patients, you bring in some books and let them on the shelves and pick some from the shelf.

I love any tip that encourages reading! I'm a lifelong bookworm, and it breaks my heart how few true bookworms I know in my offline life. My older daughter is passing on the passion for books, though.