Pomeranian Yorkie Mix is Throwing Up

My dog is still technically a puppy cause she is 9 months old. She is a Pomeranian mixed with west highland white Yorkie and she has been throwing up for the past 3 hours. I don't know what to do I wouldn't think she would have parvo but then again I'm not a vet. Does anyone know what I can do?

Kimberly from Virginia Beach, VA

Pomerinan Yorkie Mix

The same advice that was given for another puppy that was vomiting, is to get your dog to a vet ASAP.

I called my vet and the vet said that since she was doing better the next day that i could mix her food with cooked white rice and then take her off of it slowly and then she should get better and she did get better. But thank you.

The best thing you can do for your dog since you are not a vet is get her to a vet. How often your dog is vomiting should have something to do with how fast you make the phone call. If she throws up several times a day, very fast indeed. Once a vet has established that she is indeed healthy, then you can consider changing the food she is on. She definitely may have a food allergy if she checks out ok from the vet and you might consider changing her to the Eukanuba dog food that is based on kangaroo meat (available from the vet). Checking for food allergies can be done by drawing blood and sending it off to a lab for allergy testing but you have to understand that this is expensive - costing perhaps as much as $1000 and then $300 for the serum to give her shots. Having pets is a lot like having children - they need and deserve good health care by a professional vet (not the kids - they need a doctor!!!). Unlike children though, they don't grow up and move away from home and become self-sufficient. They are a responsibility for the rest of their lives and since they give us so much with no questions asked, we owe the best to them that we can give. I don't believe people can understand the depth of love and loyalty until they have had a dog in their lives. Good luck with your new puppy. She is fortunate to have someone to love her as much as you are fortunate to have her love you.

First check all house plants and make sure the pup didn't eat some of the plant. A lot of house plants are toxic to dogs and cats! Then get the pup to the vet, if you find he ate some of the plant take the plant and name of it with you! Good Luck!

kay

Pets Dogs HealthOctober 3, 2007
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
Dachshund/Pomeranian
Dachshund/Pomeranian Mix Photos
🎄
🍂