Clothing StainsCleaning

Tide-To-Go Pen Left Yellow Stain On Clothing

How do I remove a yellow stain left by Tide-To-Go? It has been washed and dried once or twice since the actual stain. My sweater is cotton and spandex, and says "do not bleach". But somewhere I have read that "do not bleach" can mean different things such as yellowing, whitening, or making the fabric become more coarse.

What is another product that is easy to come by (in Ontario, Canada) that will work fast and easy to remove the yellow stain? Please help. Thanks.

By hotcracker

I would call the people at Tide. Usually there's a 1-800 number on the product. I'd be willing to bet they can help you. Ask in a nice way. Good luck.

I think that your best bet (if Tide can't tell you) is to get RIT color remover-about $3 in discount stores. I do my white shirts every so often (my red hair color makes a ring around the collar). It's not whitener, it is color remover. Can't hurt, right?

I have a white shirt that is made of Viscose, which is a fabric I am unfamiliar with. About a week ago, I spilled ketchup on it. It was really depressing. I ran into Target and grabbed a Tide-To-Go pen. I've used these in the past, and they've worked wonderfully.

But this time it left a giant gray spot. I washed it as soon as I got home. I am now on vacation, and didn't notice a huge yellow stain where the Tide-to-Go was. I tried bleaching it, but that didn't work. I am near tears. Please help.

Jade from NC

Answers:

Try using Simple Green on it. It is found in car section. My friend owned a laundromat and dry cleaning business and swore by this. If this does not work, there is a simply great product called Awesome at the dollar store. The labels read Awesome or Laundry Awesome. Spray on and rub with the trigger, that's how I get all spots out. I will be amazed if it doesn't work try it and let me know.

(08/20/2008)

By KimmyLynn

You might try Bluing liquid (google it, if you don't know what it is). Cotton and other fabrics turn yellow with bleach and I've had trouble with little spots I've dabbed at get things out, ending up with yellow spots. You use just a tiny amount, and you can find it in the laundry section or at most Ace Hardware stores (they have all sorts of weird chemicals like that).

Good luck. (08/21/2008)

By Corinne

Might try e-mailing the Company that makes Tide and tell them your problem. Their email address should be on the box of Tide or it should be on the internet. Most companies are more than willing to help. Good luck. (08/21/2008)

By Cindy in Texas