Removing Painted Pictures from Ceramic Tile

I have ceramic tiles in the kitchen and most of them have veggies and fruit painted on them. How can I get that off or do I have to replace them all?

Jamie from Plato, MO

Answers

The pictures on the tiles may be decals. I would pick one in a corner or behind an appliance and see if I could scrape the pictures off. If not, I would go to your local paint store and get some high hide primer and paint over the tiles either individually or as a group. Then get a paint suitable to cover ceramic(ask at the store) and paint over the primer. Finally seal with a good sealer that will be able to take the abuse that kitchens dish out. I understand at some home improvement stores you can get new designs that stick on over tiles. Not sure how well they work, but it might be worth a try.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceMarch 12, 2009
Painting Ceramic Tile
Painting Ceramic Tile
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Painted Chinese furniture.
Cleaning Painted Wood Furniture
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
🎄
🍂