Pets Pooping On Carpet

I am trying to break one of my pets from eliminating in the same spot. Well, actually, I am working on housetraining entirely. I have an 8 month old sheltie that has recently been introduced into the family. He is doing fairly well in the potty situation but I find a pile of poop in the same area on the carpet very often. I am not sure just who is the culprit - my pom, my cat or the sheltie. I clean the area and then spray lightly w/ vinegar-water. Nothing seems to be working. Isn't vinegar a deterrent for animals? Also, the sheltie was raised in a kennel for the beginning of his life and now wants to poop on the concrete patio since he was allowed to do so in the kennel. I really need HELP. Thanks to anyone that can give me some advice.

Sincerely,

Nelwyn from Bunkie,LA

First make sure you are washing the area. I use vinegar and water. Chances are he is going back there because he can "smell it".

You need a cleaner with an enzyme that will kill the smell. Vinegar and water won't work.

Move the outside poop to a spot in the yard that is okay for your dog to poop in. Take him out on a leash to that spot and give the "poop" command. It will work after a few times.

A kennel trained dog will only poop in it's bedding if it is ill. I would work on the kennel training from scratch, your dog will get it, not the first day. When you open the gate, give your dog water at the gate, then go right out side to the "pooping spot" and give the poop command.

Never feed your pet in the kennel, or give them treats to eat in the kennel. They like clean bedding just like we do, so stay on top of that and you should all be happyl

Pets TrainingAugust 8, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
A no dog pooping sign in someone's lawn.
Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 9:37:22 AM on 10.0.1.195 in 960 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.