Outdoor Cats Reduce Moles

My neighborhood has an extremely bad mole problem. The only yards that don't have mole holes are the homes where people let their cats go outdoors. I think it's just the smell of the cats that keeps the moles away, because my cat doesn't hunt them.

When we first moved in we had a mole hill every few feet, but now that we have an indoor-outdoor cat our problem is solved! We didn't notice right away, but after several months the moles got the message and moved on. My neighbor paid $250 to have the little buggers trapped (and they came back) all we did was get a cat that needed a home.

You are so right! My cats hunt for them for hours. thing tho, they do bring them to me to share when captured....sometimes dead or alive. Ever tried to catch one in your house? Watch out for the claws, they can hurt. Dogs will dig them out too but that is the key word. Have had holes all in my yard.

For those of us who keep our kitties inside, there is another very effective way to rid your yard of moles.

Moles eat grubs which are the little white swirmy bugs under your lawn. Grub killer applied will kill your grubs and keep others from finding a new home under your grass.

If you can locate the moles hole, you can deposit some used kitty litter down the hole and cover with a patio block. This remedy worked with a woodchuck and it should work for a mole also.

Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Home and Garden Pest Control Moles and GophersApril 28, 2009
Cats Fighting
Preventing Cats From Fighting
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Mole coming out of a mole hole.
Organic Mole Repellents
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic