Store Extra Blankets in Cushion Covers

To save space I made large cushion covers and folded my extra doonas up in them. Make the covers to match your lounge or sofa, and no one would guess. It's great if you have limited space, especially if you live in a small flat or unit.

By Margaret from New South Wales, Australia

Editor's Note: Wikipedia says: Doona is Australian for a padded blanket. Originally a product name.

July 27, 2009 Flag

If you have pillow shams for your bed, you can fold extra blankets into the shape of a pillow and put it in the sham. This saves linen closet space, dresses up the bed and provides extra warmth on demand for your guests.

By Renee

Answers:

Using Pillow Shams for Storage

When pillowcases are on sale, I buy seasonal ones. Then I store my sheets, blankets, etc. in the appropriate ones. My autumn bedding is in autumn leaf pillowcases, my winter ones in snowflakes, etc.

When I want to change the bedding for a seasonal look, I don't have to search far. The pillowcases that come with the bedding do not get discolored or faded this way. In case you are wondering, I am disabled and have a bed in the living room and one in the TV room so I like to change the bedding so the biggest piece of furniture in the room is decorative and seasonal. (01/07/2005)

By Judi

Using Pillow Shams for Extra Blankets

This is really a good idea. Will try it,thanks for the hint.
(06/17/2009)

By Virginia

Woman Storing Bedding in Linen Closet
Storing Bedding
Organizing BedroomJuly 27, 2009
fleece tie blanket
Making Fleece Tie Blankets
Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
Making a Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Earbuds Missing Foam Covers
Replacing Foam Earbud Covers
🎄