Using an iPhone Instead of Internet at Home

My son recently got an iPhone and now he doesn't even get on the computer anymore, he just uses his phone. He's trying to talk me into getting one too and then we can disconnect the internet. It would save us about $50 a month. Can I everything on an iPhone that I can do on the PC?

By Sis from AL

Best Answer

Hi! I have both Internet & iPhone but have considered ditching home Internet. With 4 kids and 2 businesses, I need a handy user friendly all-in-one tool. You can do most everything with the iPhone. It does not work with flash player - I believe. So some websites don't fully work. Games are where I notice the incompatible notice. It really would depend on how you use your computer. I haven't figured out how to print from my phone either but don't doubt there is probably a way. All in all, I've had my iPhone for 2.5 years and LOVE it (otter box case is a must for protecting it). Hope this helps. Now that I've had it, I would not change back to a regular phone for almost anything!

Best Answer

It really depends on what you use your home computer for. If you do a lot of typing you might want to look at a bluetooth keyboard as the one on the iPhone is tiny. Also you must remember that the screen is really small. I would suggest an iPad if you were thinking of getting rid of your Inet services. The rate plan would only be 15.00 a month (for the lesser bundle) compared to the phone you have to pay around 30.00 (including your line). If you need to know more let me know I am a user of both and love them. However I do go to my MacBook for serious wriring.

I don't have one myself but from what I understand it's slower browsing and more difficult to read--and for older ones (over 50) it becomes harder to read small screens. Good luck.

iPhone Tips and Tricks
Computers Internet TipsJuly 21, 2010
cable modem
Having Internet Without a Computer
iPhone apps
Organizing Apps on Your iPhone
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens