Bamboo Rod For Mug Storage

Save yourself several cup hooks. Instead of one hook for each cup, use two to hold a slender rod. I used a disassembled bamboo placemat, cost:$1, and it has been used before for similar needs.

Slip your cups onto the rod and set it onto the cup hooks. I saved one hook on one side of the cabinet and two on the side with four cups! The cups can still be used with very little effort of carefully lifting an end of the rod off one of the hooks and taking the cup(s) off.

My espresso cups are seldom used and take up valuable cabinet space so in hanging them for display they are no longer in the way!

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

I really like this idea, it is so simple and is decorative as well as functional. My only concern would be that they would get too heavy and slip off, but I guess that is a reason to keep to to only 3 or 4 cups. I may borrow this idea, thanks!

I use this exact same concept ( except I have used a dowel & cup hooks ) to store my necklaces and bracelets on since I have sooo many. Easy to grab a necklace ( or in your case a cup ). Just be careful so they dont slid off when grabbing one!

Jess : Bamboo is super strong.It is used for many things-including bridges.

The rod holding 4 espresso mugs included.

Great idea! Thanks for the tip!

This is definitely one to try. Some of my curtains are hung up using the same principle. So cheap and eco friendly too.

Marg from England.

jehosophat jones : thanks for the input. I also use the same for one set of curtains in a bedroom I am unable to do anything much with right now due to costs & so on!

The pic I am including is the way I got a curtain up in a rush (& in a pinch), but instead of my $1 bamboo place mat I used a bamboo garden rod I got toward the end of the season, which, when purchased, my mind conjured up it being one of those "good to have on hand items" for whatever reason might occur (& I was right, a use did occur & more probably will later on!) Those come in several lengths & I had the foresight to purchase one pack of each length & "the big red K store - lol)

Love this idea!

Organizing Coffee Mugs
Organizing Coffee Mugs
Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenOctober 20, 2009
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Curtain Rod
Installing a Curtain Rod
Upclose picture of bamboo flooring.
Cleaning Bamboo Flooring
Growing Lucky Bamboo
Growing "Lucky Bamboo"