Benefits of Thin Towels

Buy thin towels so more will fit in your washing machine: Buy the THIN, cheaper towels for your family, NOT the big fluffy ones. This way, you can fit twice as many in your washer and dryer and you'll save all kinds of money by doing less wash loads! This is especially useful if you have to use the Laundromat. But also, since I started buying thinner towels, I've found that not only can I fit more towels per load, but they also dry quicker AND it's less wear and tear on my wash machine!

By Cyinda from Seattle

Don't know why, but for some reason they are also more absorbent and easier to handle.

I don't know, girls. I am NOT giving up my nice, thick bath sheets. I like the coverage and absorbency--and I think it is one small pleasure I deserve!

That said; I will remind folks that you don't need a fresh towel with each bath or shower! For goodness sake, you're only using it when you're clean. As long as you hang it such that it can dry completely, it will last a week or more. Keep a hand towel out for hand washing, so that the kids (big and small) don't dry half-washed hands on the bath towels.

At our house, each person has a different color towel, so that each is only using his/her own.

I also like to hang the laundry to dry every chance I get!

I also like the thin towels - didn't know if too many other people did - I find them a lot easier to handle.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsMarch 27, 2008
Dyeing Bath Towels
Dyeing Bath Towels
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Weak and Thin Fingernails
Remedies for Weak and Thin Fingernails
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
🎉
🎄