Tissue Paper Flowers

This is a decoration I made for a Valentine's Day party this year. The vase is made from a drinkable yogurt container. I hot glued on a red ribbon around the middle and hot glued on a bow. I painted the top to give it a little more color.

The flowers are made from 3 squares of tissue paper cut in the shape of hearts. Then put a green pipe cleaner through the bottom of the hearts and fan out the tissue paper so they look like petals of a flower. I bent the top of the pipe cleaner so the tissue paper wouldn't slip off the top. Then I put a piece of tape underneath the petals. You can put a little rock in the vase to weigh it down so it doesn't tip over on your table.

By luv2craft from Normalville, Pennsylvania

How cute and yet simple....love that you recycled the container!

That is really cute! I'll have to do that!

Great job! The more uses we find for items, the better off our landfills will be! You are very clever!

Thank you!

OH YOU ARE GOOD !

THIS IS SO CUTE........

This is a great idea for other holidays and celebrations as well. I have a home daycare and this will be a really cute idea for St. Patrick's day!! Good job!!

I did something similar for easter for all the aunts and grandmas. I used the big container from flavored coffee creamer. I took off the label washed and dried it. I did not use the lid. I had left over colored tissue paper that I pulled into pieces and used white school glue mixed with water and appied with a brush to the entire surface. Resembling stained glass. Then I filled it with fresh flowers from our garden. My children did this project with me. They loved it. So did the grandma's and aunts.

tissue paper flowers at wedding
Making Tissue Paper Flowers
Crafts Valentine's DayFebruary 7, 2007
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
A Valentine's day craft.
Valentine's Day Craft Ideas
Blue Tissue Paper Sticking out of Green Gift Bag
Crafts Using Tissue Paper
Colorful Tissue Paper
Cleaning Tissue Paper Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄