Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Over Easy Eggs without Flipping

Over Easy Eggs Without Flipping

Over Easy Eggs Without Flipping

If you like over easy eggs, but hate to flip them, here's a nice thing I learned while cooking for a living. Have a nice flat pan or a skillet that allows for a flat center. Get a squirt bottle with some water, and a good lid that covers the pan or at least the eggs.

Heat your oil or butter to warm, drop in the eggs and immediately make a circle of water around the edge of the egg(s). Cover and steam them till the yolks are white and not yellow. Voila! You have "Easy without the Over"! N-JOY

By Sandi from Salem OR

By

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Donna [108]11/12/2009

This is similar to poaching too. Very cool!

By Barbara Snyder [9]03/07/2009

Thank you very much! I have been tring to make over easy for hubby for a long time and they never look good or nice and they run too, so again thank you.

By Holly [350]03/05/2009

YAY!!

By Cathy [8]03/03/2009

Gotcha! I know what you mean. You want your eggs to have a nice skin on top, not as yellow and runny as sunny side ups. This is a nice, neat way to do it. Sometimes we just pour a little water in as soon as the egg bottoms have cooked a little, and cover the pan with a lid. Or, as you said, just use a small pan lid to cover just the eggs, which is another great tip in itself. It works great! thanks for posting this!

By Tina Siegl [26]03/03/2009

You've described frying an egg "sunny side up". When doing it sunny side up, some folks add a little water before covering and some don't. I learned to make them that way from a friend who is a chef when she saw me unsuccessfully making her an egg "over easy" and breaking the yolk on accident.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.