Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Over Easy Eggs without Flipping

0EmailPrintFollowSave
Over Easy Eggs Without Flipping

Over Easy Eggs Without Flipping

If you like over easy eggs, but hate to flip them, here's a nice thing I learned while cooking for a living. Have a nice flat pan or a skillet that allows for a flat center. Get a squirt bottle with some water, and a good lid that covers the pan or at least the eggs.

Heat your oil or butter to warm, drop in the eggs and immediately make a circle of water around the edge of the egg(s). Cover and steam them till the yolks are white and not yellow. Voila! You have "Easy without the Over"! N-JOY

By Sandi from Salem OR

By

By Tina Siegl 26 71 03/03/2009 Flag

You've described frying an egg "sunny side up". When doing it sunny side up, some folks add a little water before covering and some don't. I learned to make them that way from a friend who is a chef when she saw me unsuccessfully making her an egg "over easy" and breaking the yolk on accident.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cathy 11 72 03/03/2009 Flag

Gotcha! I know what you mean. You want your eggs to have a nice skin on top, not as yellow and runny as sunny side ups. This is a nice, neat way to do it. Sometimes we just pour a little water in as soon as the egg bottoms have cooked a little, and cover the pan with a lid. Or, as you said, just use a small pan lid to cover just the eggs, which is another great tip in itself. It works great! thanks for posting this!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Holly 367 1,263 03/05/2009 Flag

YAY!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Barbara Snyder 13 98 03/07/2009 Flag

Thank you very much! I have been tring to make over easy for hubby for a long time and they never look good or nice and they run too, so again thank you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Donna 308 323 11/12/2009 Flag

This is similar to poaching too. Very cool!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment