Fish Smell on a Tile Floor

A freezer door was left open and liquid from frozen fish leaked on the ceramic tile floor and now a horrible smell exists. I have tried to clean with pine sol, no help.

Shirley from Houma, LA

KILL need bleach OR ammonia . . . NOT BOTH!!!! I recommend bleach. Pine Sol is not even close to strong enough. If you don't want to be quite so aggressive to start out - try to let vinegar soak on it for a while.

You might want to try Odoban. You can buy a gallon of concentrated for about $10 at Sam's Club. It lasts forever! I've gotten rid of all kinds of obnoxious animal smells from carpte, tile, concrete, etc. Hospitals and vet clinics use it, too!

Try covering the spot with fresh coffee grounds (from the can) Cover these with plastic wrap or something and let set for a few days. I had an old cat pee on our livingroom floor which is well worn and used this method and it took out all the smell. May take a while but inexpensive.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJanuary 4, 2007
Tile Floor
Painting a Tile Floor
Installing Vinyl Tile Over Old Linoleum Tile
Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Textured Flooring
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes