Tote Bag Decorator Pillow
I picked up this tote at the dollar store because it fit in with my country living room, but I wasn't sure what I'd use it for. Then it occurred to me that it would make a perfect sofa pillow. So I re-used filling from an old pillow and whipstiched the opening. I even tucked in the straps so I can re-use it as a "green" grocery bag when I get tired of the pillow. Total cost: $1! You can find totes for even less at garage sales and thrift stores.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- tote bag to match your decor (mine was 14 x 16 inches)
- Velcro sticky-back tape (OR needle and thread)
- buttons or other embellishments, optional
- Turn straps inside* and fold over 1/2-inch seam allowance.
- Attach Velcro now if you are using it.
- Carefully fill tote bag.
- Close opening with Velcro or whipstich it with coordinating thread.
- Add buttons or other embellishments, such as scrapbook charms, as desired.
*If you are making this for a small child, please cut off the straps just to be on the safe side.
By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA
August 6, 20090 found this helpful
Your idea is cute and original. I never thought of that before. I love the way it matched your quilt in the background.
August 7, 20090 found this helpful
That is wonderful! You can't even tell it is a tote bag!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 19, 2016 at 10:50:45 PM on 10.0.1.129 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us