Angel Trumpet Bush

This is a angel trumpet bush, it blooms from July to here it is in late October. Don't know how long it will bloom. Last year it was in late November. The smell from this plant is wonderful. The plant, if eaten, is highly poisonous. So you need to keep kids and pets away.

By Madeline from Jacksonville, AL

I love this bush, Can you grow this in full sun or shade? I want one. When would be the best time to plant this bush?

Shonda Grand Rivers, Ky

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This plant is gorgeous! Here in Indiana I have white Angel Trumpets that only bloom in the evening. I would love to know where you got your start or seeds.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I love this bush I am like everyone else where do you get seeds!

Thanks, Cindy V.

Bartlett Tennessee

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I just got one of these this year from a friend, mine never bloomed yet, but I had to dig it up to bring it in for the winter. Is this necessary? I Live in Arkansas. Thank you. Linda...aka..Arky

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I live in Southern Calif. I bought mine at a Nursery. They need lots of water and fertilizer, they hate the cold! But they grow from cuttings quite easily! You can order them online too. If you can get some cuttings, put them in water for a few days, then keep in some very moist, rich potting soil, keep them warm, you can plant them outside in the spring. They bloom as long as it's warm! ( which here is almost all year long!) All parts are poisonious, however, so DO BE CAREFUL!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This plant seems to have generated a lot of interest when posted in 2008 - I wonder if anyone ever received any information?

I love these plants and have several colors.

I live in Ocala, FL and my plants will sometimes "die" in the winter but always seem to return in the spring.

It helps to put a lot of mulch around the root bed for winter or be sure to start some cuttings.

These can be found at flea markets and street venders more often because they are very poisonous and teens have found other uses as well.

You can order seeds and plants from seed and plant catalogs though not always in California.

Reply Like this photo? Yes