Difficulty Keeping Ceramic Top Stove Clean

I have a new Bosch electric glass ceramic stove top. I feel like all I do is clean and clean it. I am not overly messy, but even the spray of water when boiling leaves marks on the stove.

I wait until I'm done cooking and then wait until the stove is cooled off. I apply Weiman's cleaning solution and wipe it over the marks. Then I leave it on for about 30 minutes. I originally wiped it off right away, but it didn't do a good job. This method does an OK job, but I'm so sick and tired of doing this each and every time I cook something.

It doesn't matter if I cook something on low, like simmering or high, like boiling water. It is to the point that it has taken a lot of joy out of cooking for me. Cooking used to be a passion of mine, but now it is a chore. I have read all the contributions of cleaning glass stove tops, but it doesn't sound like any one else has the problem that I have. Can anyone help me? I'm ready to take a hammer and destroy my stove. (only kidding, of course)

By Mrs. Scrub, scrub, scrub. from Beverly, MA

Answers

For tough spots, Scotch-Brite makes scrubbing pads for ceramic cook tops, plus a thing that looks like a mini plastic iron. You stick a pad on the iron and scrub away, then wipe with a clean sponge. The last step is to buff. To remove grease, use a sponge and rub on ceramic stove top cleaner, then wipe with a clean sponge. The last step is to buff.

For simple water spots, just buff. To buff, use a wet cloth and wipe one burner. Before it has a chance to dry, buff with a soft, dry cloth or paper towel. Repeat with each burner.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesOctober 18, 2010
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Ceramic Stove Top
Repairing Scratches on a Ceramic Stove Top
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 4:23:38 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.