Cooking TipsFood Tips

Heating Up Store Bought Pizza

When heating up store bought pizza, I had found that they recommend putting the pizza right on the oven rack. I did this and what a mess. I got tired of my oven getting dirty, smokey, and smelly; even with diligent cleaning of my oven. So I thought of another idea.

I put a large air bake cookie sheet down, you can cover it with aluminum foil with dull side up for even easier clean up, then I put two of the longer cooling racks, like you would use to cool cakes on, then I put the large pizza on top of the racks, and baked it for a little longer then the required time. What a difference in clean up! The pizza was fine and my oven floor and oven racks stayed clean :)

By Marilyn from Chatham, ON

I have never put pizza right on the rack, I always just use a pizza pan and it turns out OK.

Please read the box carefully, most of them recommend putting the pizza right on the conventional oven rack.

If you want to avoid the mess of having to scrape the burned cheese and sauce that tends to melt off the pizza, you can use the Reynolds non-stick foil. It's terrific.

I have always used a pizza stone. I just rinse the stone under water and everything just falls off. Pizza stones shouldn't be washed with soap.