Money Tree

This is a money tree created for a 50th surprise birthday party. It is constructed of a sassafras branch (dogwood works good as well), curling ribbon in various lengths tied onto the branches. I used a vase as tall as the branch and added sand and rocks for stability. Money, small gag gifts, notes, candy, cards, even jewelry can be added. I plan on affixing 10 $5 bills to start off the decor and have guests add to it.

By Kym from Madison, AL

branch with money attached for birthday gift

Your idea is beautiful. We have several dogwood trees on our property and I want this for a centerpiece. I think maybe I'll hang crystals from the ribbons though. Thank you for this idea.

Crafts Using Tree Branches
Crafts Using Tree Branches
Crafts GiftsMarch 30, 2010
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Applying Mod Podge to bat wing.
Halloween Bat Branches