Share Crafts

Homemade Deodorant Without Cornstarch or Baking Soda

I am seeking a good deodorant recipe; something other than coconut oil, baking soda, or cornstarch. Any thoughts? Thanks.

By VBartlett from Kissimmee, FL

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By abrupt_silence 5 37 06/21/2010

Tea Tree oil, it can be purchased at a health food store. It works to control oil and moisture on the skin.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By merry woods 1 48 06/24/2010

Underarm smells are usually caused by bacteria, so ensure that you always wash well. I use apple cider vinegar in water 1:5 and it works really well, when you first apply (use a spray bottle) it you notice the vinegar smell but this disappears quickly. Doesn't mark clothes either and no nasty aluminum to block up your pores and cause health problems

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Amber 7 07/29/2010

Witchhazel (will tighten pores), tea tree oil (will thwart bacteria), and a few drops of essential oil, like rosemary/lavender for scent.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Momof4boys 1 10/12/2011

Globalgypsy, what ratio do you use for making your deodorant?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Denise 6 115 10/30/2015

I use deodorant soap in the shower, then the next morning I wipe my armpits with rubbing alcohol and then use a deodorant "crystal stone" (alum). You have to wet the stone before use. This works for me about 80% of the time. I take a week off and use regular deodorant, then go back to this. If I want to smell good, I put a dab of essential oil on a piece of cotton and put it in my bra. Essential oil can irritate skin so I avoid putting it on directly.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No