Homemade Deodorant Without Cornstarch or Baking Soda

I am seeking a good deodorant recipe; something other than coconut oil, baking soda, or cornstarch. Any thoughts? Thanks.

By VBartlett from Kissimmee, FL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Tea Tree oil, it can be purchased at a health food store. It works to control oil and moisture on the skin.

Underarm smells are usually caused by bacteria, so ensure that you always wash well. I use apple cider vinegar in water 1:5 and it works really well, when you first apply (use a spray bottle) it you notice the vinegar smell but this disappears quickly. Doesn't mark clothes either and no nasty aluminum to block up your pores and cause health problems

Witchhazel (will tighten pores), tea tree oil (will thwart bacteria), and a few drops of essential oil, like rosemary/lavender for scent.

Globalgypsy, what ratio do you use for making your deodorant?

I use deodorant soap in the shower, then the next morning I wipe my armpits with rubbing alcohol and then use a deodorant "crystal stone" (alum). You have to wet the stone before use. This works for me about 80% of the time. I take a week off and use regular deodorant, then go back to this. If I want to smell good, I put a dab of essential oil on a piece of cotton and put it in my bra. Essential oil can irritate skin so I avoid putting it on directly.

Answer

Homemade Deodorant with Ribbon Wrapped Around it
Making Homemade Deodorant
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes DeodorantJune 19, 2010
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Up close photo of the front of a baking soda box
Saving Money on Baking Soda
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Inflating Balloon During Balloon Experiment
Blowing up a Balloon with Baking Soda and Vinegar
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 1:03:52 AM on 10.0.0.200 in 734 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.