Using Ozium to Get Rid of Odors

Does anyone know how long the smell of Ozium will last? I bought a Coach purse on eBay that reeked of smoke and found on this site that Ozium works to take the smell out.

I must say that I'm not sure which is worse: the smell of smoke or the strong smell of Ozium. I'm desperate to find out how long the smell of Ozium will linger.

By yvette21 from CA

I have used ozium years ago in my vehicle for the same reason cigarette smoke. Anyhow have you used in indoors? If so perhaps you could try using it outdoors. Also it only takes one quick spray, otherwise you have used too much. Open the bag as wide as possible. Balled up newspaper is very useful because it can also absorb some odor while it can help to keep the bag open. Hope this has helped.

Thanks myneurotica, I will try the newspaper. I think I used too much. I wasn't sure how much to use so I covered it in that ozium stuff, 2x, lol. I put some baking soda this morning and I will now go and put some newspapers in. Thanks again.

When my MIL died we inherited several very evil smelling items that I didn't want to throw out or give away because of the stories around them.. I put them in my deepfreeze for 2 months. That killed the smoke smell dead. I have also put things in plastic bags and set them outside in the winter and left them there. They also had no smoke odor when I brought them in, in the spring. Good luck. Hope you get the smoke out. You can also try charcoal ....it absorbs odours.

Try Fresh-Wave

It comes in spray, crystals and liquid for wash machine.

Put the purse in a garbage bag, spray the ozium in the bag and seal it up for the day. If it still smells after that, repeat it. By the way, you should only use a tiny spray of ozium if you use it as an air refreshner, and not hold your finger down on it like other air freshners.

Why don't you try Febreeze first? The now make a super-strength one. Not the air freshener, but the fabric spray.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 10, 2009
Guy holding his nose because of bad odors.
Getting Rid of Mildew Odors in a House
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
large couch
Removing Odors from Furniture
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
🎉
🎄