Reuse Food Packaging

I save the wrappers the crackers come in, because they're a wax paper. I use them to wrap sandwiches for lunch and to wrap meat when I buy a large package of meat like chopped meat. Since it's only me and my husband, we won't use it all at once. I divide it into four for separate meals.

I wrap each quarter and put it back in the package it came in, then wrap the whole thing in the same plastic wrap. When I need some for meat balls I just take out the portion I need and thaw only what I need. This saves the meat from freezer burn, and saves money on wax paper and plastic wrap.

By bmrick10 from Jacksonville, FL

I think it is cool to reuse packaging; however using freezer wrap which is the old "butcher" paper really keeps the frost burn off anything going into the freezer. You don't have to use the "special" freezer tape; any will do; very economical.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I reuse cereal bags from the boxes. I never had a problem with freezer burn. Reuse. The New "A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned"

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Reusing Food Packaging, Junk Foods
Reusing Food Packaging
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsOctober 18, 2010
Plastic Packaging
Removing Plastic Packaging
Paper Tube
Uses for Paper Packaging
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
Reusing Cardboard, Stack of Corrugated Cardboard
Reusing Cardboard
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 10:11:13 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.