Avoiding Quarrels on Easter Morning

We color and hide Easter eggs every year for our 4 children to find Easter morning. Early on when we only had 2, we found one always found more then the other and a lovely morning quickly turned into a fight! So I started assigning a colored string of yarn draped throughout the house with Easter eggs hidden along the way per child. Each child has to follow their own color and as they follow the winding trail behind couches, under tables, and over TVs, they also collect their eggs and it all leads to their Easter baskets. The kids love waking up to the mess of yarn in the living room and no one argues about who got more eggs!

By mae11197 from Branford, FL

Sounds like a great idea.

My kids would fight over color though lol.

For my kids, I had saved the plastic eggs they had gotten from other Easter egg hunts or that I had bought. I put their first initial on each egg, making sure there were the same amount for each child. Then I'd fill the eggs with candy and hide them inside the house. The kids knew they could only pick up the eggs with their initial on it. I saved the plastic eggs to reuse year after year.

Maybe I'm just a mean ole mom but I've always taught my children that all things can't be equal all the time. Sometimes Billy got the latgest "half" of the sandwich, sometimes Glenn did. They need to learn that just because your brother or sister gets something doesn't mean your going to get the same thing. Don't we all learn that?

My mother did a similar thing with me and my two sisters. Instead of using yarn, she equally filled baskets with eggs and candy and hid them throughout the house and each child had the same number of baskets and their name written on a piece of paper placed in the basket. If you found a basket and the paper slip had your name on it you kept it, but if it had someone else's name, you left it there.

Decorated Easter Eggs in Grass
Easter Egg Hunt Ideas
Holidays and Parties Easter TraditionsApril 10, 2009
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Blue and pinkish purple morning glory blooms.
Getting Rid of Morning Glory
Little boy in a brown bunny costume.
Making an Easter Rabbit Costume
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
🎉
🎄