Recipe for Pulled Beef Without BBQ

I am looking for a recipe for pulled beef without BBQ in it.

By Sandi from IL

I think that will work for me but I will not put in the carrots and tomatoes as I am putting it on sandwiches. Thanks for your reply. I love your story that went with the recipe.

I am not sure what happened to the original posted answer you replied to here so some of the info I am giving here might be a repeat.

There are oodles of rub recipes if you want to marinate with spices first since you don't want to use BBQ sauce but you don't need to. Basically pulled beef or pulled pork is simply slow roasted at 300 degrees, covered, in a roasting pan for about 6 hours or until the interior of the roast reaches 170 degrees.

Recommended beef: 6 lb boneless chuck roast

Recommended pork: 6 lb shoulder or butt roast

Remove the roast from the oven and transfer to a large platter. Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes. While still warm, take 2 forks and "pull" the meat to form shreds. Using 2 forks, shred the meat further by steadying it with 1 fork and pulling it away with the other.

Hi Sandi, I do this for pulled beef & pulled pork. For beef, use beef broth in the crock pot. For pork, use chicken broth in the crock pot. People can use BBQ on it after its cooked if they want. Both meats cooked in the broth are amazing plain. I was surprised at the wonderful flavor when my husband suggested it to me.

I put a beef roast in the slow cooker with Lipton onion soup mix and beef broth till it pulls apart then mix in a can of cream of mushroom soup. Its very good and can be eaten either as a sandwich on a bun, over noodles, or on mashed potatoes.

Food and Recipes Recipes Meats BeefFebruary 11, 2011
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipes
crockpot pulled pork
Crockpot Pulled Pork Recipes
canning beef
Canning Beef
Serving bbq ribs to a large group.
Making BBQ for a Large Group