Removing Rust Stains on Driveway and Walls

How do I clean a battery rust stain off a concrete drive?

By Brenda from Springfield, MO

Answers

Try pouring full strength vinegar onto stain. The longer the stain the longer you leave vinegar on. This works for rust stains left behind by patio furniture on a concrete patio, so I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work in your case as well.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

September 23, 2010 Flag

I use well water for my lawn. How do I remove the rust stains from my driveway and walls?

Brick

Answers:

Check with a hardware store like Lowe's or even a contractor who does driveways. Perhaps they can help you. (02/27/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

Trisodium phosphate works well, but caution must be used on painted surfaces, it's best to wet a painted surface and then use the mix (per package instructions) to scrub off the rust stain. Depending on type of paint, how long it's been stained will determine the success of the removal of the stain. It's doubtful that all will come out. Cement is another story, mix it strong, scrub like heck and rinse it well, be prepared to do the whole area because the area scrubbed will lighten and make the surrounding area look dirty. (02/27/2008)

By Ted

Try Barkeeper's Friend, it is usually found in Walmart or any supermarket with the cleansers such as Comet. There are directions on how to remove rust from concrete. Barkeeper's Friend is a good for other problems, too. It's inexpensive, Walmart's price, and lasts a long time. (02/28/2008)

By Natalie

concrete driveway
Removing Rust Stains from Concrete
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsSeptember 23, 2010
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 9:53:27 AM on 10.0.2.180 in 931 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.