Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Rust Stains on Driveway and Walls

How do I clean a battery rust stain off a concrete drive?

By Brenda from Springfield, MO

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Toni [3]09/24/2010

Try pouring full strength vinegar onto stain. The longer the stain the longer you leave vinegar on. This works for rust stains left behind by patio furniture on a concrete patio, so I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work in your case as well.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Rust Stains on Driveway and Walls

I use well water for my lawn. How do I remove the rust stains from my driveway and walls?

Brick

RE: Removing Rust Stains on Driveway and Walls

Check with a hardware store like Lowe's or even a contractor who does driveways. Perhaps they can help you. (02/27/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

Trisodium phosphate works well, but caution must be used on painted surfaces, it's best to wet a painted surface and then use the mix (per package instructions) to scrub off the rust stain. Depending on type of paint, how long it's been stained will determine the success of the removal of the stain. It's doubtful that all will come out. Cement is another story, mix it strong, scrub like heck and rinse it well, be prepared to do the whole area because the area scrubbed will lighten and make the surrounding area look dirty. (02/27/2008)

By Ted

Try Barkeeper's Friend, it is usually found in Walmart or any supermarket with the cleansers such as Comet. There are directions on how to remove rust from concrete. Barkeeper's Friend is a good for other problems, too. It's inexpensive, Walmart's price, and lasts a long time. (02/28/2008)

By Natalie