Browsing: Organizing Recipes

Copy and Paste Recipes Into Text Files

When going through the recipes and other stuff, instead of printing out the whole thing or writing it down, I copy it to a word processing program. First I open my office writer or Microsoft Word. Next I highlight the selected article I want to keep and then click "Control C" to copy it. Go to office writer and click "Control V" to paste it. Then save it with the name of the recipe. This really helps a lot.

By Barbara from Shoemakersville, PA

May 21, 2008 Flag

This is a tip for organizing recipes on the computer. As I am browsing the internet looking for recipes or one of my newsletters that include recipes, when I find one I like I copy and paste it to a folder in WordPerfect (I would think any word processing program would work). The folder is entitled Recipes. Then when I can't think of anything for dinner, I go to that folder and see what I can find.

To make it easy, I save everything under the easiest heading to find. So Betty's Southern Style Chicken Wings would be saved under Chicken Wings, Betty's Southern Style. It's easy to find a recipe for something I have. I also like to save where I got the recipe from. Like the person who submitted it, just to give them credit.

By TC from St. Louis, MO

Answers:

Copy And Paste Recipes Into Text File

I had a lot of gardening and recipes that I didn't back up onto cd-rom or a jump drive. Needless to say, when my hubby cleared out our computer, he copied the wrong folder and deleted all my "treasures" plus research for school, resume and etc! Never forget to backup onto a disk or removable drive! (06/06/2007)

By camo_angels

Copy and Paste Recipes Into Text File

I use my yahoo account to save recipes. I just copy and paste the recipe into an email and in the subject copy and paste the recipe name into the subject space and email to myself at my ISP email address, then Outlook Express lets me save all email files onto my hard drive. I have folders on my hard drive for breads, desserts, Beef, etc. If I need to shop for recipe ingredients for a particular recipe, I just forward the email back to myself at yahoo and can access it from my work computer and shop on the way home from work. The recipes could also be saved to a jump drive (thumb drive, pin drive or whatever you want to call them). That you can carry around with you and have ALL your saved recipes with you. However, be careful to keep a copy on your hard drive or another jump drive in case you lose the one you carry with you. The advantage of the jump drive and outlook express is that you usually have that on any computer, home or work, unless you have to use a Mac. (06/06/2007)

By Lynn T

Copy and Paste Recipes Into Text File

I copy and paste, them print them out and scrap book them. I bought a scrap book and pages from Dollar Tree and used paper I had the I wasn't intending to use in my family scrapbook. I just put all the red meat in one section, poultry in another, etc. I have some food stickers that I've added to dress up the pages. Also comments on how well the family like the recipe, and what changes is any I need to make. I typed up a list of the recipes and printed it out on the computer to stick on one of the pages, so I can find the one I looking for easier. (06/06/2007)

By duckie43

Copy and Paste Recipes Into Text File

http://homeplansoftware.com/recipe.htm this is what I use and I can copy and paste recipes into it also. I have been using it for almost two years and have 1793 recipes saved so far, (06/06/2007)

By micksgirl

Copy and Paste Recipes Into Text File

I just started copying and pasting recipes into Google Docs (through Gmail), and I love it! It's tremendously helpful - especially when it comes to sharing them, because I can either copy the recipe into an email, or allow them to access the file directly (though that only works if they also use Gmail). I also try to include the website where I originally found the recipe so I can jump back to it if necessary. (09/02/2007)

By Thea

Copy and Paste Recipes Into Text File

I have a binding machine so I have an ongoing cookbook that I am making out of my found recipes. I copy and paste all of them into one word processor document, then as I get a few new pages added I print off the new pages and add them to the book. I hated having to refer to the computer all the time to see what I needed and such for a certain recipe, I'm more of a paper gal, so this fits me well. I also have a word processor document called recipe index that has the usual cookbook categories and the recipes alphabetized in it under their correct category with the page number it can be found on. It sounds complicated but it's really not. (09/10/2007)

By LeAnn

Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Organizing RecipesMay 21, 2008
downloading a file
Deleting a Downloaded File
Cross Stitch
Finding Cross Stitch Patterns
Tomatoes and Tomato Paste
Using Tomato Paste
Reusing File Folders
Reusing File Folders
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 4, 2016 at 5:05:49 PM on 10.0.0.15 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.