Veal Parmesan

A somewhat elegant Italian dish

• 1 pkg. breaded veal cutlets
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • Ad
  • 1 can tomatoes, chopped (14oz.)
  • 1 can tomato sauce (8oz.)
  • 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1 pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese (16 oz.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare veal cutlets in microwave oven according to package directions. Saute onion and green pepper in olive oil in skillet. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Layer cutlets, sauce mixture and cheese in 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Thanks for the recipe. I like that there aren't a lot of ingredients like some Veal Parmesan recipes. Think I will top this with spaghetti.

April 21, 2009 Flag

Does anyone have a recipe for Veal Parmesan, something that won't be too expensive. I'm thinking of making this for my husband on Valentine's Day. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Kerri in Alaska

Veal Parmesan Recipe

Pound veal with meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Pat dry with paper towels; set aside. To make tomato sauce, heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic in hot oil 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and juice, broth, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, dried basil, salt and black pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat 20 minutes. Uncover and cook over medium heat 20 minutes more or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently; set aside.

Beat egg in shallow bowl; spread flour and bread crumbs on separate plates. Dip reserved veal cutlets to coat both sides evenly, first in flour, then in egg, then in bread crumbs. Press crumb coating firmly onto veal. Heat butter and 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal. Cook 3 minutes per side or until browned. Preheat oven to 350 F. Remove veal with slotted spatula to ungreased 13X9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over veal. Spoon reserved tomato sauce evenly over cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over tomato sauce. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil over top.

Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until veal is tender and cheese is golden. Garnish, if desired. Serve with pasta.

By jeangnome46

Veal Parmesan Recipe

Veal is so expensive, how about chicken parmesan? I use boneless, skinless chicken breast, if they are very thick pound them to an even thickness. Saute in a mix of olive oil and butter until done, then transfer to a baking pan, cover with your choice of marinara sauce, and grated mozzarella cheese. Bake until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan/romano cheese mixture before serving. Serve with pasta and sauce on the side. (01/20/2005)

By Linda

Veal Parmesan Recipe

I've heard that often "Veal" in restaurants is usually pork because it is so much cheaper and few will notice the difference. (01/20/2005)

By Susan from ThriftyFun

Veal Parmesan Recipe

What I do instead of veal parmesan, is chicken parmesan. I used to do veal, but the cost is so high. I use boneless chicken breasts.

Beat egg with a small amount of water. (You may flatten the chicken if you are concerned abut it not getting cooked) Dip one breast at a time in the egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs, till all chicken is coated.

Place a frying pan with oil on the burner with medium high heat. brown chicken till lightly browned.

Remove when browned to a glass baking casserole dish that will fit all your chicken in. Cover with the ragu and bake 350 degrees F till the sauce hot and chicken is cooked through about 20 minutes.

Remove dish from oven. Cover with mozzarella and return to oven to melt.

Serve with spaghetti or Baked potatoes, salad and hot crusty buttered bread.

Linda (01/20/2005)

By quickcooker

Veal Parmesan Recipe

I use the recipe that Linda wrote about. I always use the Ragu and everyone LOVES it. Instead of veal, sometimes I wil use chicken breast pounded out thin, or eggplant sliced really thin too. Awesome and super easy! (01/20/2005)

By kimmcg

Veal Parmesan Recipe

Be sure to use fried eggplant in this dish, it is excellent. Very tasty even if you think you don't like eggplant, you will love it in this dish :)

By Karen

Veal Parmesan Recipe

Linda, I love your recipe. It is so easy and AWESOME! Thank you. (06/07/2005)

By Xiomy

Veal Parmesan
Veal Parmesan Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesApril 23, 2009
Plate of eggplant Parmesan.
Eggplant Parmesan (Parmigiana) Recipes
Raw Veal Chops
Recipes Using Veal
Parmesan Potatoes
Parmesan Potato Recipes
Parmesan Chicken Wings
Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipes