Male Shitzu Peeing in the House

My 2 year old Shitzu pees everywhere, mostly when nobody is home. My Lapsa/poodle female does not behave this way. I am tired of telling him not do it because he doesn't care. Any advice?

Patricia from Dallas, TX

My first suggestion would be to see your veterinarian just to make sure there isn't a health reason for your pet being unable to control his bladder. (ie. A uniary tract infection)

ihave a 4 month old shitzu and we want to potty train him how could we do that?? anyone out6 there to helP?

I have a one year old male shitzu that is peeing all over the house. He knows that it is wrong but continues to do it. How can we stop him from doing this?

Hello... I have a doggy door installed for my pup... I trained her to relief herself outside.. and now that she knows how to, and has learned that she can come in and out as she pleases, she does just that... she does not relief herself in the house, and when she does have to and if her doggy door is closed, she will come to me and stand to get my attention, once she has my attention she will run to the doggy door... The doggy door is just Man's Greates Invention when you have a pup.... trust me it helps!!!

I am wanting to buy a 2 month old shitzu from my sister in law, but I am hearing horrible stories about males peeing all over the place. Is that true?

I wish I had some miracle answer. I'm having the same dog gone problem. I'm so frustrated with him peeing in the house in areas he's already gone before: Just inside our bedroom door, just at the bottom of the basement landing, just on top of the upstairs landing, right on the carpets too. Boy do I hate that. We try our best to take this male shitzu out every 1/2 hr to an hr to no avaail. If we miss one time, I guarentee he'll pee somewhere in the house. I'm looking for help too. thanks

I have a 2 year old Shit-Zu and used to mark the house also in certain areas. What we did was first we had him trained on a dog remote trainer collar so when he does something that he's not suppose to he'd get a little static shock from the collar but you'd have to follow him and don't show him the remote either. It's not bad to do this since the remote has different levels and you test it at the lowest level until you get the one that just catches his attention. This collar is also great because you can also train your dog to be completely off leash as well and obey many commands which we have found successful. You can purchase this at your local pet store or find great deals on line as well.

January 10, 2007 Flag

We have had a male Shitzu for about two years now and he is house trained. Just recently we had our motor-home broke into, so we got a second dog. Now this dog is an outside dog but we allow our female in the house so that she does not feel so left out. The problem that we are having is now the male is peeing all over the beds in the house and the other dog doesn't go anywhere in the house except for the living room. Why is the male doing this and how can we get him to stop. Neither are fixed and she was just going through her very first heat.

Kathy from Canada

Answers:

Male Shitzu Peeing in the House

Our yorkie quit peeing in house once he was fixed. Also your doggie might be upset with other dog and is peeing/making his place.

I posted a long thing about peeing dogs on the post about yorkie peeing.

Good luck. (09/12/2006)

By meoowmom

Male Shitzu Peeing in the House

Your male is marking his space. This is natural when another dog comes into his house. Walmart has a good product called out that will remove the stain and the smell. (09/13/2006)

By allison

Pets Dogs Dog Breeds Shih TzuJanuary 10, 2007
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄