Looking for Baby Shower Ideas

I need some good ideas on throwing a baby shower.

By Sabrina from NC

Best Answer

For my sister's shower I made "bootie cupcakes" as a dessert. Each bootie took 1 1/2 cupcakes. The half was cut in the middle, so you end up with 2 round halves. Place a whole cupcake on a doily, place the half next to it. Frost as one (now it looks like a bootie) and, if you are a messy froster like me, put coconut on it. I also made "laces" with the write on frosting.

As for other food, I gave my daughter her baby shower and like you, was on a tight budget. So I did a breakfast one. I baked muffins in advance and froze them (to spread out the cost), ham slices (easier to cook than bacon and cheaper in the long run), scrambled eggs, home fries, fruit in a watermelon basket, and the muffins. It did not cost that much in the long run

Have fun and congratulations on the new baby

What about doing it at home and having a garden or tea party theme? You could make straw hats as favors and decorate in pink and blue. You could make a collage of baby photos of the Mom and Dad to be and use it on your buffet table and keep the menu simple. See how this idea was used for a bridal shower: http://www.thri … 3126917.tip.html and adapt it accordingly. Could be very cute and lots of fun.