Garden: Jasmine

This is one single jasmine bush/vine. It was rescued just ahead of the bulldozer that would have taken it down when it was about 2 feet tall. That was 3 years ago. It must like its new home for now it is over 13 feet tall, and at least that wide as it reaches all across the back of the cabin and out about 16 inches on either side. It is looking for more trellis which it is going to have very shortly

As you can see, it is in massive full bloom, and the entire neighborhood enjoys the lovely fragrance. It is alive with honey bees right now too since we do not use any type of insecticide anywhere. There must be hives somewhere close by although I've looked and haven't found any.

This is very close to the Steinhatchee River, so it's possible their hive is across the river. Lots of lovely woodsy areas around there too, so maybe there is even a bee tree somewhere. I hope you enjoy the photos as we have.

Source: There photos were taken by our daughter on her land in north Florida.

By Julia

Garden: Jasmine

Garden: Jasmine

Wow. Well worth saving. I have one in a pot that I take inside during the winter in our climate, but it's only about 30 percent of what you have. Fabulous!

My favorite fragrance of all.

That is huge.

A Flowering Jasmine Bush
Growing Jasmine
Photos GardenMay 20, 2010
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Garden Flag
Making Garden Flags
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Picture of Jasmine from Aladdin.
Making a Princess Jasmine Costume (Aladdin)