Free School Pictures

This tip is for families living on one income with school age children. We have a limited budget and every year the elementary school takes 2 sets of pictures for the parents to purchase. One in the fall and the other in the spring.

I've discovered that if you volunteer to help the photographers with the children, combing their hair, tying shoes, matching up the order forms with the correct child, etc. that the picture company gives the volunteers their child's picture package for free. Check with your school's PTA volunteer coordinator and the school's picture company to see if your school participates in this. It only is for a few hours twice a year, and it can save you up to $70.00 per school year!

By Kim

Showing: Comments Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

You are so lucky! Volunteers at our school do NOT get free pictures. I guess it depends on the school.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By brenda newton 6 344 Flag

Instead of spending $70 or whatever on the school pictures I opt to take my kids to Walmart and have their picture taken there. I get more pictures and spend usually between $5 and $10, depending on the special they have on that month. I only buy the class picture from the school.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

ParentingMarch 2, 2005
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:50:33 PM on 10.0.2.20 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings