Repairing Bubbles in Rug Flooring

If you have rugs or carpet installed, it could develop a bubble that will need to be repaired. This is a guide about repairing bubbles in rug flooring.

August 11, 2007 Flag

How does one repair bubbles in rug flooring?

dutch061 from Phoenix, AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

A friend of mine who does all my floor covering for me and does it for a living, uses a small thin sharp object to prick a few small holes in the bubble, to release the air. This works sometimes if it is not a large area. If the covering is not glued you may be able to pull a portion of the rug back starting at the edge till you get to the affected area. Use something smooth and heavy to work the bubble out by working outward toward the edge. If this was put down by a professional recently have them come out and correct the problem. I hope this helps you. When I said something heavy i meant something like a heavy smooth piece of pipe.

July 23, 2008 Flag

I have had an area carpet cleaned. Now it is rippled and won't lay flat. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Debra from Hamilton

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsDecember 6, 2016
Fixing Wallpaper Bubbles
Fixing Wallpaper Bubbles
Throw Rug
Cleaning Throw Rugs
Man repairing kitchen countertops.
Repairing Bubbles in Formica Countertop
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 8:04:48 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.