Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Dill Pickle Wraps

• 1 jar medium-size dill pickles
  • 2 packages sliced dried beef
  • 2 packages (8oz. size) cream cheese

Directions:

Drain pickles on paper towels. Roll cream cheese around pickles and wrap with a slice of meat. Place in refrigerator until cold; slice into 1/2 inch slices.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Andrew04/11/2010

Is there anything that is good to substitute the cream cheese?

By Maryeileen [76]02/23/2010

Hmmm....I don't eat meat so I wonder if there is something else that I could use to wrap the pickles and cream cheese in?

By MB Norton [6]02/18/2010

These are great! First time I had them was a couple of years ago at work. What a great combo. I found they work better with 'real' cream cheese (not low or no fat) and also, the best pickles to use are the Vlasic. Warning - these are addictive!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Pickle Wraps

Ingredients

• 2 jars of good dill pickles (regular, not baby)
  • 1 jar of Hormel dried beef (in the glass, not plastic)
  • 1 tub soft spread Philadelphia cream cheese (regular, not fat free)

Directions

Let the cream cheese sit out awhile to soften. Drain the pickles and pat dry with paper towels. When the cream cheese is easily spreadable, lay out slices of dried beef and spread with a good thick layer of cream cheese. Then roll a pickle onto the slice of dried beef so it wraps around it (the cream cheese is the glue that makes it stick). You can roll two slices of beef around each pickle so it's completely wrapped. Line a cake pan with waxed paper and put the wrapped pickles in the cake pan. Cover the pan loosely and let chill in the refrigerator for several hours (or overnight) until the cream cheese sets up again. Remove the chilled pickles and slice them up (about 1/4" thick slices) and layer them on a plate. You'll have to slice off the ends of each pickle and throw them away (or eat them until you're sick). Keep the pickles chilled in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve them.

By Tracy from Shellsburg, IA

RE: Pickle Wraps

These are also really good with ham instead of beef. (08/31/2006)

By dpcw

RE: Pickle Wraps

My family has been making these for years. It is a must at every family gathering we have. Now my niece loves to make them, we make some with the pickles and some with green onions. There is never any leftovers (we don't cut them up tho, too good for just a bite). (09/01/2006)

By jmz2005