Finding Financial Assistance for the Cost of Prescription Supplements

I am seeing a doctor who specializes in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. My medicaid covers the cost of the scrips but not the doctor fees. I need assistance in purchasing the added supplements he prescribes for me which I'm finding difficult to pay for. I need financial help, for I am at my wits end trying to manage my health and the fees that accompany the ongoing need for supplementation and testing.

If I could just get help with the cost of the supplements it would be a great burden lifted from me and my husband who is recovering from cancer. Is there aid available to address my issue? Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help.

By Maggie from Glen Aubrey, NY

I am sorry to say but there is no assistance for supplements from any government program or any private insurance company or any donations type agency. Perhaps you could try shopping around at pharmacy's like Walgreens, Rite-aid and CVS for your supplements because they each have two for one sales at least twice a month. I have to take seven supplements a month because of my health issues and I save a lot of money that way.

Also, perhaps you could do some homework about holistic menopausal relief and then you won't have to pay a doctors fee and won't be taking synthetic hormones which can have other long term health effects. A balanced diet, things like black cohash tea and excercise do wonders for menopausal symptoms and you might just find you won't need all those supplements your doctor is telling you that you need after all.

Ask your pharmacy. Sometimes they will have business like card that is free to the customer, and no charge to use. It doesn't pay for the entire script but it does give you a discount. I know I saw these at Wal-mart once, sorry I don't know what it was called.

Onceuponahero.com good luck hun

Also salvation army helps with prescriptions here, too.

Budget & Finance HealthcareAugust 2, 2011
Prescription Drugs
Getting Help Paying for Prescription Drugs
A plate full of supplements.
Using Supplements for Weight Loss
Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner, Happy Couple Talking With Financial Consultant
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner
🎄