Recommendations for Inexpensive Digital Camera

How do I choose the best digital camera, without spending a fortune on it? I want clear pictures and also as much zoom as possible.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

I would go to a camera store and see if they have any preowned cameras they may have taken in on trade. Also look for people wanting to sell their camera. A lot of cities have books for sale that advertise used goods for sale. I have bought several digital kodak cameras because for what I use a camera for they deliver very good pics. Two thing you should keep in mind. Buy a camera with the most pixels and camers usually come with optical and/or digital zoom lens. Forget the digital. The important zoom lens is the optical one.

I was going to post the same thing as foxrun about the zoom. Spend your money of the best optical zoom you can afford. My digital cameral is around 10 years old, and I've used the digital zoom only a couple of times. It reduces the quality of the image -- makes it look pixelated.

Good luck - hope you love your new camera!

A magazine entitled Consumer Reports can be found at a public library.

I bought one for 20 bucks, sucked big time took it back. I have a pink kodak one, cost 80 dollars, fantastic. I absolutely love it, has all the good features. Good zoom. Got it from walmart. Then I seen big lots had exact same one about a month later for about 1/2 price, so check there.

Kodak EasyShare is the least expensive of the reputable manufacturers, that I've seen, with the price hovering between $70-$100 and up.

I've had experience with Kodak, but I much prefer the one that is not rechargeable. It's easier to just replace the batteries (2 AA). Otherwise, you have to stop using the camera until the battery is charged up again which usually means going to an electrical outlet. I make sure now that any new camera I buy is not rechargeable. These cameras keep going down in price. Kodak has one on their site for $79.

June 15, 2009 Flag

What type of digital camera do you recommend? I would like an inexpensive, very easy to operate camera, that comes with all the software I would need. I would be using it to post photos on ThriftyFun and other sites. It doesn't need to hold loads of pictures either. Just a good picture and value for my dollar. Something I can pick up at Wal-Mart?

Dede from Macon, MO

Answers:

I have a Kodak that works very well. It is inexpensive and is sold at Wal-Mart. (01/07/2009)

I have a Kodak Easyshare, up loads to the computer in seconds. But I don't shop at Walmart. (01/10/2009)

By melmarr

First, find a person in an electronics store who works in the digital camera department and have them explain what the definitions of the specifications are. Such as Kodak Easyshare 8.2, which means the camera has 8.2 million megapixels per frame, referring to its resolution and is pretty good compared to a cell phone camera which is usually 2.0 (very low clarity). Once you feel you know the specifications, then get on the internet and look for sales, coupons, rebates, and special offers (i.e. one or two gigabytes or gigs of memory card free, plenty memory for your purposes and is usually $7-$20).

I bought a Fujifilm 8.1 on sale with accessories, such as carry case, batteries, 50 free print development coupons, and usb cord at Walmart for about $90.00 in 10/08. I bought a Kodak Easyshare 8.2 with accessories just before Christmas 2008 for $60.00 (door buster special-limited supplies). It pays to do a little research and asking a store if it will price match can save you time and gas. Both cameras are comparable and I am pleased with both. Good luck, Catherine. (01/12/2009)

By upndnbiz

Couple Buying a Digital Camera
Buying a Digital Camera
Consumer Advice Product Reviews ElectronicsJune 15, 2009
Broken Digital Camera
Uses for a Broken Digital Camera
Blue digital camera.
Cleaning a Digital Camera
A girl in a striped shirt holding a camera to her eye.
Buying a Camera
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
🎄
🍂