Yeast Rash In Skin Folds

I am looking for relief for a yeast/fungal rash under my breast and in the fold of my leg. Has anyone experienced this and what did you use to get rid of the rash?

az2010 from Easthampton, MA

Best Answer

If you are overweight , then you need to get down to a healthy weight because obesity increases insulin resistance and predisposes to fungal infections. the folds of the skin are moist, dark and lack air. This is an ideal place for yeast to grow out of control. All people have yeast on our skin and body, but it can get out of control. Take antibiotics only when absolutely necessary and increase your hygiene when you do, using the creams for prevention. Eat more yogurt and sauerkraut because fermented foods keep bacterial counts normal so fungus does not take over. If you get rid of bacteria by antibacterial hand washing and cleaning agents, fungus overgrows. Plain soap and water are sufficient. Avoid antibacterial anything. Use alcohol based hand washes when out.

Air those parts by exposing them to air as much as possible, Wear light under clothing that is absorbent and easily washed. Cotton panties are a must. snip the crotch out of panty hose if they are covered with nylon. if you stay inside the seams they will not run. Use a hair dryer on cool to the affected parts when at home. Use anti-fungal creams-can buy at the dollar store-and put on the areas twice daily. Then shake athlete's foot powder, antifungal powder or any absorbent powder on top. Dry your skin thoroughly after showering and if you sweat-use a clean dry hand towel to remove moisture. Wash towels daily in hot water, borax, and rinse in vinegar. Dry in the sun or dryer till bone dry. Do this daily and for 2 months after the rash clears to keep it from coming back. After that maintain very good hygiene and think dry, dry, dry. Avoid sugar, sugar drinks, cashews, sweets to keep a good weight and also because sugar in your blood cause yeast infections to occur in all susceptible places. After work or at home wear a light shift or loose cotton pants and a loose cotton top.

I use hand towels in the summer to dry off since regular towels take up so much space in the dryer and I like a clean towel for each shower. 5-6 hand towels equal one thick towel and can be laundered frequently. Thick towels add up and are not necessary. This works. Let me know how you are doing.

This answer has shed a lot of light on my problem except the part of me getting what appears to be pimples that grow, become sore than burst and bleed for a long time. They take a long time to heal when they are in the crease of the fat fold

Best Answer

One does not have to be overweight to have this problem, only large busted. I have found after my daily shower if I use Gold Bond Medicated Powder, it takes care of it. There is also a generic brand that works just as well! Also avoid as much sugar as you can, it feeds yeast!

Exactly I had a yeast infection so bad under my breast that it led to mastitis, I had to go to the er because all my home remedies this particular time wasn't working very scary because I read about inflammatory breast cancer, my breast are a H cup size and I sweat so bad once it is healed I find when you apply your deodorant I also apply it under my boobs that helps a lot and I keep on hand, nystatin powder. I hope I have given some helpful information. 

I have been plagued by candida outbreaks under my breasts and have wondered about using deodorant to keep the sweat down. I'll try that. The heat and sweat is not helping at all. Been spending a number of these hot days in my air conditioned house and that helps to keep it down. I also keep nystatin powder on hand as that is also very helpful.

Best Answer

Until you get down to a reasonable weight try any of the following :

1. After a shower, dry off and put some anti-fungal cream in the folds of your skin where you are likely to get a yeast rash.

2. No time for a shower use baby wipes/wet wipes during the day to stay fresh and keep a yeast rash from getting worse.

3. Get empty squirt bottle and fill it with 1 part white vinegar 2 parts water and splash it on after you shower or anytime during the day that you feel sweaty. If it irritates your skin use less vinegar and more water (1:6 ratio) or use anti-fungal cream.

Incidentally keeping all these things, (anti-fungal creams, wet wipes and vinegar splash), nice and cold in the refrigerator will help stop the itchiness you get sometimes with a yeast rash, the same as a cold shower stops itchiness.

The very best is plain cornstarch. It is found in some powders, usually with perfumes and other things you don't need. Just go to the grocery store and buy a box. Clean and dry the affected area, then dust with the cornstarch, do this every chance you get, even when you can't wash the area, the cornstarch helps keep it dry and really helps stop the burning.

Dollar Tree Athletes Foot Cream is my go to. I promise it works great!!

Skin Folds
Treating a Rash in Skin Folds
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 13, 2007
Baby with Diaper Rash Getting Changed
Diaper Rash Remedies
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Dog's Yeast Infection
Treating a Dog's Yeast Infection
Baby in Diaper
Homemade Diaper Rash Ointment Recipes
🎉
🎄