Reusing Plastic Soap Dispensers

After being married for 54 years, I finally decided I needed some "store bought" liquid soap dispensers. I found some attractive ones for my master bath at Target. I have several of the store brand bottles which I am way too stingy to throw away, so I am going to use them for shower gel and shampoo. This will eliminate over use and spilling thereby making the bottles last longer. I am really frugal in my heart, even though I get nutty at times.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

You sound as if you are like me. I use the little hand soap dispensers on the kitchen sink and fill it with hand softening dish soap. Then I can squirt it in the water without having to pick up the soap bottle. I am from DFW area of Texas. I live in TN now.

I might go ahead and splurge on a nice storebought soap dispenser for this use also.

Thanks for posting!

As I was reading this post, I thought of how much the person is like me. I found a certain dispenser shape that I liked that held liquid soap from Target and have kept it. I have refilled them many times now with cheaper hand soap as well as other things too. I still have them all over my house.

Great minds think alike, huh? Thanks for sharing and keep up the good thriftiness!

I love this tip. With two grandchildren living with me that love the expensive bath gels this will certainly save me money. I will use this for their bath gels and shampoos. Thanks,

Great idea. Thanks for sharing. This will save on the amount we use as well as space as I usually buy the large size bottles that don't fit well on my shower shelf!

It sounds like there are a lot of us that think alike. I also don't like to throw out those nice soap dispensers. I decorate mine with seashells and put them in my bathroom. (I sent one in awhile ago.) Actually, you can decorate them with any type of theme to match. I also buy in bulk and put in my showers and label them with big letters so I can read it. I have a decorative one on my kitchen sink that looks nice but is very convenient. I also make them for little gifts and fill with hand soap. Everyone seems to like them. Thanks for your post.

I do think that this is a good thrifty tip.

But to be honest, MartyD, I think that anyone who's been married for 54 years has a permanent free pass to buy themselves whatever "store bought" goodies catch their eye, whether it's "thrifty" or not. Seriously.

Congratulations on being both a model of thriftiness and a model of making marriage work for the long haul.

Soap Dispenser With Pink Liquid Soap
Uses for Soap Dispensers
Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 21, 2009
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
hand soap dispenser
Refilling Hand Soap Dispensers
Tape Roll Bracelets
Uses for Empty Tape Rolls and Dispensers
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄