Festive Curtains from Sale Fabric

After Christmas sales are fantastic this year. I got some sheer white fabric with green holly leaves and red berries, there is also some gold metallic thread running through it. It was 70% off. I used some fabric glue and whipped up some sheer winter curtains by folding the edges over and gluing the edges and folding them over. I folded the top edge over twice, leaving room for a long 40 inch bamboo pole that I cut from my yard. The pole slips through the second loop. I could use long and fairly straight twigs instead of bamboo.

By Christine from Dover, DE

Christine,

I really like this idea and I plan to make the curtains for my bedroom. By the way I lived in Dover for 20 years. Pinewood Acres.

Connie

I have used plain sheets for curtains. I can usually find some when they are on sale .The top of the sheet already has the pockets in them. You can cut a little slit in them so you can get your rod in there. If you want you can stuff paper in so they poof up. Then I have more money to dress them up with. The curtains I have in my dining room are twin plain maroon curtains. I plan on using some pretty bracelets for tie backs for them. I got some pretty red one in the clearance isle after Christmas. Sandycrafty1 AT yahoo.com