Festive Curtains from Sale Fabric

After Christmas sales are fantastic this year. I got some sheer white fabric with green holly leaves and red berries, there is also some gold metallic thread running through it. It was 70% off. I used some fabric glue and whipped up some sheer winter curtains by folding the edges over and gluing the edges and folding them over. I folded the top edge over twice, leaving room for a long 40 inch bamboo pole that I cut from my yard. The pole slips through the second loop. I could use long and fairly straight twigs instead of bamboo.

By Christine from Dover, DE

I really like this idea and I plan to make the curtains for my bedroom. By the way I lived in Dover for 20 years. Pinewood Acres.

I have used plain sheets for curtains. I can usually find some when they are on sale .The top of the sheet already has the pockets in them. You can cut a little slit in them so you can get your rod in there. If you want you can stuff paper in so they poof up. Then I have more money to dress them up with. The curtains I have in my dining room are twin plain maroon curtains. I plan on using some pretty bracelets for tie backs for them. I got some pretty red one in the clearance isle after Christmas. Sandycrafty1 AT yahoo.com

Frugal Window Treatment
Frugal Window Curtains
Crafts Home DecorJanuary 28, 2009
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
A sewing machine making repairs.
Repairing Thermal Backing on Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains