Make Curtains Out Of Pillow Cases

Being a new homeowner I didn't have enough curtains for all my windows, particularly the small kitchen window above the sink. I took a pillowcase and split the seams and cut it in half at the end, hemmed them and made a temporary pair of curtains for the window. They fit perfect and the pattern matches the wallpaper in the kitchen!

By Connie

By Shelley (Guest Post)

For small windows, you can also use decorative cloth napkins. I just stitched a rod pocket and hung it up. Even if you need two for a window, you don't necessarily have to stitch them together since they will be kind of bunched up and you won't be able to notice.

i made covers for lamp shades that had seen better days you split the seem and make a pattern out of the center..the easy part of this is because they are cotton they can be dyed any color

Thank you for a wonderful idea. I did make a curtain for a window I needed to cover. It turned out great. Thank you

patty

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Window TreatmentsMay 3, 2005
🌻
📓
🐛