ElectricalHome

Changing a Main Panel in a Mobile Home

My question is that I am having a problem with my main breaker, so I want to change my main panel which is a Westinghouse main panel to a GE main Panel. My question is, could I change a mobile home main panel to a regular Residence Home main panel?

Thanks,
drs250 from sorrento, Florida

Answers

Dear drs250

The only difference between a trailer panel and a house panel is the physical dimension of the box. Electrically they are the same.

If you have the room, not just sideways but most importantly DEPTH, then by all means go to a GE panel or even a SquareD. They have a lot more room inside to arrange the wires neatly.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http://webby.com/humor/