Blues Theme Party

I am hosting a summer party/wedding reception and the theme is "Peace of the Blues." We have a blues guitar player performing plus a lot of background blues to play between sets, as well as a tongue-in-cheek nod to the "Blues Brothers" with their soundtrack. We also have black fedoras and Blues Brothers glasses to pass out to the guests. I would like to do a little more but I am at a loss as to what else could be done to make it more "bluesy." Anyone have any quick or inexpensive ideas for decorations or prizes? Thanks in advance!

Celia from Detroit, MI

Sounds very different!!! But fun!!

For my party ideas I check out www.orientaltrading.com---they have lots of party ideas.

Maybe some in there will help you!!

Good luck on your search!!!

How about using blue for your color theme. Blue and white Christmas lights, candles, tableclothes. Also, you could use a night club type of decor, plastic stemware, or glass if you can get enough. Sounds fun-good luck. Black would be a good color choice too. Maybe you could have the "Nun". "The Blues Brothers" is one of my all time favorite movies. Rent it for ideas.

Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesAugust 24, 2006
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Blues Brothers Costume
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2017 at 7:26:07 AM on 10.0.2.208 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.