Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

Candle wax was spilled on my wooden floor. It is dry now. How do I remove the wax?

By Gayle from New Iberia, LA

Best Answer

Renters caused problems for us: How can I take spilled melted wax off hardwood-floors, it also splashed up on the walls and metal closet doors.

Thank you for your help

Mary in Pueblo, CO

Best Answer

all i did just put a paper towel on the floor and go over with a hot iron and put stem and the wax came right up. Did not damage the hardwood floor.

Best Answer

I have read the responses and I discovered something that will help remove candle wax from a prefinished hardwood floor. First use a plastic putty knife to remove the major build-up and dispose of the scraps. Next use the previous mentioned Goof Off on a soft cotton rag to remove the rest. And it gets better - lastly use the edge of the plastic putty knife to remove that last bit in the cracks between the boards. Waa laa!

Best Answer

Husband just spilled candle wax all over the hardwood floor. Used a rubber spatula to scrape it after it dried. I then used the Goo bgone as suggested. The floor is like new! Thanks!

Simply use a credit card to scrape it off. Follow with Goo Gone if necessary.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsNovember 14, 2010
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors