Making Stepping Stones

No need to buy a 'stepping stone form' to create your garden stones; just dig a hole 4 inches deep in the desired shape wherever you want the stone and fill with quick mix concrete. Be careful not to breathe in any concrete dust!

For decorative stones (not path stones), try digging the hole in sand, dirt, or the gravel on the driveway. Fill with concrete, smooth with trowel, and press in pretty stones. Leave to set over night and lift out in the morning. Just don't make these too large to lift easily.

I have one by my garden bench that says 'Listen'. It reminds me to slow down and listen to the birdsong and the brook.

By Barb from Acra, NY

This is great! And perfect timing too for me! I have a bag of concrete and have been trying to come up with an inexpensive way of getting stepping stones for my front walk. This is great! Thank you!

Stepping Ston With "Sheri's Garden" on it
Homemade Stepping Stones
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJuly 1, 2010
Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Making Hypertufa Stepping Stones
A petunia growing in a crack in pavement.
Growing Plants in Pavement Cracks
Tweety Bird stepping stone
Making Cake Pan Stepping Stones
Making Concrete Patio Blocks
Making Concrete Patio Blocks
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 12:44:23 AM on 10.0.2.79 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.