Treating Dry, Brittle Nails

My nails grow long then they always break very low near the cuticle. It is always a horizontal break and it's halfway across my nail bed. I cut it down as low as I can, but the break is still there. I was wondering if there was any nail repair that would help?

By Onesummer

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

April 25, 2011 Flag

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 24, 2010 Flag

If you have dry, brittle nails that won't grow or break easily, take a waxy lip gloss (I prefer the vitamin enriched "Soft Lips") and apply to dry nails. Your nails will become stronger and grow faster! How this works is the lip balm holds in the moisture, an essential ingredient needed for healthy nails.

By Melissa

Answers:

Treating Dry, Brittle Nails

Sounds excellent. Let me also add that biotin is very helpful. It has been well researched. Appearex markets it, and I bought mine online. But I am now taking it (less expensively) by buying it from the vitamin shelf. The amount to use is 2,500 mcg a day. My brittle and split nails, with one nail that had separated even from the bed by being torn, has since grown back relatively strong. They are still ridged, however, and I will definitely try the lip gloss suggestion. I bet it helps.

(07/16/2005)

By Lois

Treating Dry, Brittle Nails

I suggest that you do as I do. A friend told me about putting "Hard as Nails" finger nail polish on my nails. They would not grow, were easy to break, so I keep it on my nails. It really works and protects the nails. I use the clear polish, good luck.
(07/29/2009)

By kffrmw88

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsJune 24, 2010
microwave
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Cashews
Cashew Brittle Recipes
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:47:36 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.