Brownie Brittle Recipe
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 1, 2017
Brownie brittle is my dream come true as it's just the crispy, crunchy, sweet goodness of the edges of brownies I always tend to fight over. I love it but why does it cost more than brownies? It has less ingredients, less substance, but costs more money. Let's make our own! Here's how to make them using a box of brownie mix.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 24 pieces of brittle
- 1 box (18 oz) brownie mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until just combined.
- Pour the batter onto the lined baking sheet.
- Spread batter into a thin layer. I like to use an offset spatula to get it real flat.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool on a rack completely so it hardens up, then break up with a large knife.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.