Black Bean Brownie Recipes
Fudgy and moist brownies that are made more nutritious with the addition of black beans. This page contains black bean brownie recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
You can have a healthier alternative brownie. This recipe is kid approved and perfect for both adults and children. A great recipe to make for parties, and school events. A nice dessert treat can be these fresh baked brownies served with vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Total Time: 35-45 minutes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Scoop 1/4 cup of rolled oats and add into your food processor. Pulse until the oats are chopped.
- Add drained black beans, cocoa powder, eggs, honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract, baking powder and pinch of salt in the food processor until you get a batter consistency. Mix in 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into brownie pan and top off with remaining chocolate chips.
- Optional: Decorate to be more festive with sprinkles. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until completely baked.
June 8, 2011
I've been using this healthy two-ingredient brownie recipe for two years now. It's full of protein, fiber, and it's absolutely delicious. It has an amazing fudgy texture to it, you won't get from making the brownies with the box directions. No one will EVER know there are beans inside!
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
Open can of black beans, rinse well. Put beans back in can and add enough water to cover beans. Pour in blender or food processor and puree. Add puree to brownie mix, then bake according to package directions.
You DO NOT add the eggs or oil that the recipe calls for, JUST the black bean puree!
By attosa from Los Angeles, CA
This is a different brownie recipe from one I posted earlier. This one is higher in fat than the other one, so it is tastier but less healthy.