Chickpea and Black Bean Hummus Recipe

This is a guide about chick pea and black bean hummus. Hummus is a delicious, low fat food. If you like hummus, you may enjoy this unique black bean version.

Not so long ago I submitted this salad recipe to ThriftyFun. I wanted to submit it a second time because I came up with a fantastic recipe which is very nutritious, and low in fat.

Editor's Note: Here is the previous recipe.

Chickpea and Black Bean Hummus

This dip goes well with chunks of pita bread

Ingredients

Directions

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy and no lumps remain, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to use. If you want an Italian-style hummus, add 1 tsp. dried basil.

We had the most delicious dinner the other night. Filled pita (pocket bread) with several spoonfuls of hummus and then added the salad on top. For added flavor, you can drizzle on some oil and vinegar salad dressing. DH had to make his sandwich with a slice of cheese.

The next time I serve this recipe for dinner, I'm going to try a tortilla wrap in place of the pita bread. It is soooooo Goooood!

By MCW from NY

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

By L (Guest Post)

Sounds wonderful - I love middle eastern recipes. Do you have any more to share?