Hummus-Crusted Chicken Recipe
Use chickpea hummus to add flavors of garlic and sesame to ordinary chicken thighs. This page contains a recipe for hummus-crusted chicken
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I used bone-in thighs and cooked about 40 minutes in the toaster oven. I only used onions, since I didn't have the squash. It was delicious.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-40 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Facebook group
- 4 chicken cutlets (I used 4 skinless bone-in thigh)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini, chopped (I left out)
- 1 yellow squash, chopped (I left out)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking dish with foil.
- Pat the chicken pieces dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the onion and vegetables in the pan. Drizzle with the oil and stir until evenly coated.
- Put the chicken on top of the vegetables. Cover with hummus until all covered.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken.
- Sprinkle paprika over the chicken.
- Slice the remaining lemon and place the slices between the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for cutlets, around 40 minutes for bone-in thighs. The chicken should be done and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.