Crispy Lemon Rosemary Chicken

Category Poultry
Chicken thighs marinated in lemon juice, garlic, and rosemary are baked and then cooked under the broiler for a few minutes to create a wonderful crispy finish. The recipe can be found below.

This juicy, tender chicken has a fantastic crispy exterior. Marinating it in lemon, garlic and rosemary gives it a fantastic tart flavour throughout. If you like your chicken extra crisp like I do, pop it under the broiler for a few minutes at the end. I used my toaster oven to make these.

My usual trick to success with marinades is to taste it before I use it. It should taste good enough that you'd pour it on a salad and eat it. So keep adjusting the proportions of ingredients to your liking.

Prep Time: 7 minutes plus marinating time

Cook Time: 35 minutes

• 2 lemons
  • 2 sprigs rosemary
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 6 chicken thighs

1. Grate off zest of lemons and extract their juice.
  2. Advertisement

3. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the chicken, to the lemon. Mix well. Taste to make any adjustments to your liking.
  4. Place chicken in marinade. Make sure it's well covered. Place in fridge for 4 hours, up to overnight. Remove from fridge and let rest at room temperature for an hour. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven for 30 minutes, bumping to broil for a few minutes at the end. Internal temp must be at least 165 F when done.

Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryMay 28, 2020
😎
👔
🐛
🎆
🌻
😷

Generated 2020-05-29 23:09:09 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️