Roasted Vegetables and Rosemary Chicken Soup Recipe
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts
January 26, 2007
I often roast twice the vegetables and freeze them with chicken and minced rosemary for a really quick weeknight meal. A rotisserie chicken supplies enough meat for two soups and can be used to make homemade broth too.
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 potatoes, coarsely chopped (Yukon Gold are my favorite)
- 1 each, green and red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large yellow or sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 2 qts. chicken broth
Roast vegetables in 350 degree F oven, uncovered for 1 hour or until soft and browned. When vegetables are done, add to soup pot with chicken, rosemary and broth. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste.
Jess from Portland, OR
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.