Vegan Bean Brownies
This is a different brownie recipe from one I posted earlier. This one is higher in fat than the other one, so it is tastier but less healthy.
Total Time: 2+ hours
Source: Whole Grain Vegan Baking
- 10 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can canellini beans
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/8 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly coat an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray (I used a round cake pan).
- Combine 8 oz of chocolate chips and oil in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat slowly in 1 minute increments, or, alternatively, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Combine the sugar, syrup, salt, vanilla, and beans in a food processor. Process until completely smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture to the food processor, and process until combined and smooth.
- Add the flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
- Process until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Add the remaining 2 oz chocolate chips to the food processor and pulse a few times just to evenly distribute the chips throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, using an offset spatula to evenly spread it out.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm on top. Do not overbake the brownies.
- Let cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan and cutting into 2 inch squares.
- Enjoy within 2 days of preparation.
I received a book last Christmas called Whole Grain Vegan Baking and have recently have had a lot of fun making the recipes in it. The jist of these recipes is they replace the egg and dairy with potatoes, squash, and other vegetables, as well as oils and vegan yogurt.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!